Thursday, July 21, 2011

it is much, much hotter than balls

Hotter than Mumbai.  Hotter than Al'Azizyah.  Hotter than Dallal.  Hotter than Bangkok.  Hotter than Death Valley.

I'm factoring in the humidity, of course, but when I left work today, it was 49 degrees Celsius.  To put that into perspective, it was hotter here today than it was in all of the above places, all known to be the hottest places on earth.

We didn't reach the disputed world record of 57 or 58 degrees, but at 49 not really that far off. 

To put it into further perspective, you will likely die if your body temperature reaches 44 degrees.  Yipes.

To think that I complained when it was a lovely and temperate 32.  32 would feel like a cold shower.  It's past 11 p.m. and still 42 with humidity.

None of this, of course, has anything to do with drinking and pregnancy, but the weather kind of has me preoccupied.  There is a candle lantern on my balcony.  The candle has melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment