Thursday, July 21, 2011

Courtesy Stitch*

The third and final stage of my research involved leaving voicemails/messages at the offices of ten randomly chosen OB-GYNs, indicating that I was a "writer" doing an article on the pros and cons of different modes of delivery and would like to interview them.

I received no return calls.

Maybe something in the tone of my voice suggested that my final question was going to be "Courtesy stitch:  fact or fiction?"  It really was.  But I thought that maybe I'd get a few of them talking before things degenerated to that level.

*I have spoken to an alarming number of people in the last few months who are unfamiliar with this term.  I assumed that even if you hadn't heard it before, it was kind of self-explanatory.  I was wrong.  Click this link for enlightenment.  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=courtesy%20stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment