Thursday, May 10, 2012

Toys!

My parents are on the verge of retirement.  I'm not sure whether it is retirement, the eventual sale of my childhood home, and the desire to start clearing some clutter - or bitterness that she has no grandchildren - that inspired my mom to pull out a box of my old toys and hand them over.  I think maybe the latter, since she said out loud something about having held onto them so that she'd have stuff for her grandchildren to play with.  Or, you know, just in case I wanted them someday. 

I was super-excited to find my Kermit the Frog handpuppet, not to mention my Popple.  I wasn't just being too much of a pretentious jerk when I said that I was never a huge Barbie fan and only had one -although it turns out I had two.  Plus Ken.

Don't judge the picture quality.  These pictures were not sent from my iPhone.  Just a regular poor person phone.

To be clear, Ken was wearing only his shoes and a sparkly silver loin cloth when I found him.  Let's see how that works out for him with the ladies.






(when did Barbie start shopping at American Apparel?  no, wait, it was just 1985)






(the hole in her hand means she's single.  divorced, more likely.  or maybe this picture is for her Ashley Madison profile)





(I was going to drape evening gown Barbie in a martini glass like a Bond girl. but then I remembered I don't have any martini glasses, so I propped her up in these shot glasses I got in Mexico instead)













2 comments:

  1. I really think you should have posted more comments...and background scenery...for example the 4th photo from the bottom, perhaps this should be set up in front of a dentist office.

    Also there is nothing practical about wind surfing in a white dress. And there is nothing modest about Ken's shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people have spoken. I will make better effort with the Barbies. I can't deny that I had heaps of fun playing with them. Prepare to be amazed by my mad skills with Microsoft Paint. Not today, though.

    (Whoever said that Ken was wearing sparkly silver modesty shorts?)

    ReplyDelete