Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Leave it to me to assume the worst of people.  I've had a recent spike in traffic from people googling "Mother's Day Mimosas".  I sat down to write this, prepared to be appalled by the number of people wanting to find out if it was okay to drink mimosas while pregnant.  I mean, it's just a mimosa.  But, um, no.

But as soon as my fingers hit the keyboard I figured out that people were not looking to see if pregnant women can ignore the no-drinking clause just under this one circumstance.  Not that I haven't had plenty of hits from people searching "mimosas while pregnant".  But that isn't what's been happening.  Probably.

Under the assumption that what people are really looking for is a mimosa how-to, allow me to shed some light.  It's a little late this year, buy maybe you could bookmark this page for easy reference next year. 

These should probably only be prepared by a skilled mixologist, but hopefully this will prevent you from making too much of a mess of things. 

Step 1:

Take champagne flutes out of cupboard.  Regular wine glasses work just fine if you don't have that much glassware.

Step 2:

Fill each glass half-way with your champagne/sparkling wine of choice*. 

Step 3:

Top off with your orange juice of choice.**. 

Step 4:

Drink.


*I'd like to say it's important to spring for the good stuff, but it really isn't. Once it's mixed with juice, I doubt most people will be able to tell the difference between Dom Perignon and Freixenet.

**Freshly squeezed is probably better than not.  But if Five Alive or Sunny Delight is what makes you happy, go for it.  You could experiment with different varieties of citrus fruits if you want to get creative.  Maybe don't use blood oranges if your mom of honour has recently been in a terrible car accident or suffered a miscarriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment