Thursday, October 6, 2011

Circle of Life... Ongoing

No, I'm not feeling sad about the death of Steve Jobs.  Apple has had very little impact on my life thus far.  Until today I wasn't sure which Steve was which, recognizing them only as "the fat Steve" and "the other Steve".  Can't afford a MacBook or an iPad (not that I'm sure I'd want either), and still a little miffed about the premature death of my iPod.  Also not impressed with the iPhone for personal reasons.  Is an iPhone an appropriate way for an unemployed person to dispose of their limited income, I ask you?  Rather than, for example, buying groceries occasionally?  Grrr.

A very recent visit to Chatham is what has me a bit down. I know as people march through adulthood there is an inevitable point where you realize that you are taking care of your parents rather than they are taking care of you... not that it's reached that point yet, but still.  Seeing a shirtless guy getting arrested cheered me, somewhat.  Also, to look on the bright side, I may have cured myself of one of my numerous bad habits.

I live alone and have no dishwasher.  Drinking straight from the milk carton or juice pitcher is among my vices - I hate doing dishes.  While perusing my parents' refrigerator I happened upon a pitcher of what looked and smelled like refreshing and delicious limeade.  I was just awake and parched.  And was several swallows in before I realized that my morning beverage contained sugar and lime juice - and tequila.  Oops.

Could really use some good news and/or engage in some manner of life-affirming activity. I've had my fill of reasons to ponder mortality.  Inadvertantly drinking a couple of margaritas before 8:30 a.m. gave me a good excuse to go back to bed, which I liked, but was neither good news nor life-affirming.

No comments:

Post a Comment