Monday, September 26, 2011

Really Terrible Pun

In honour of R.E.M.'s retirement announcement, I had a request to drink whatever Peter Buck was drinking the time he went crazy on a transatlantic flight.

I was a little disappointed to discover that the two sides of the story are this:
  1. He drank a ridiculous amount of wine (14 refills according to airline staff), and/or
  2. He drank a moderate amount of wine which must have reacted badly with the sleeping pill he had taken (according to his publicist).
My disappointment stemmed from the fact that drinking wine in combination with a sleep aid has been business as usual for me the last few Saturday nights.  On the bright side, it was very easy to comply.

In response to Sara's text the following morning, which I quote:  "So did you go 'buck wild' last night?", the answer is no.

I may have listened to Country Feedback several times over, and I may have rambled morosely about a need for a career change, but I did not:
  1. Try to jam a CD into a beverage cart (or any other inappropriate place), believing the chosen receptacle to be a CD player;
  2. Get into a yogurt fight with anyone (though I admit I have been in a yogurt fight before, and enjoyed every minute of it);
  3. Hurl verbal abuse at any flight attendants (or other members of the service industry); or
  4. Damage any cutlery.
Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment