Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jugs

My internet woes are happily resolved, but my general overwork is not.  I am starting to very much feel like a harrassed new mother who spends every moment from the time she gets up - early - until the time she goes to bed - late - thanklessly tending to the needs of other people.  I am not wrong in comparing certain co-workers of mine to whiny babies, but at least at this point, unlike new moms, no one is actually calling me and disrupting my sleep at 3:00 a.m.  My sleep, however, is disrupted all the same:  I have often found myself waking up in a panic wondering how I am possibly going to finish everything that I need to do the following day, resetting my alarm to an hour earlier, and finding it impossible to go back to sleep.  At least new mothers sometimes get to grab a quick nap in the middle of the day, and for that I envy them.  (I will get over my envy as soon as I can resume working 7 or 8 hour days like a normal person).

I have been consoling myself with jug drinkin'.  Which is pretty much how it sounds.  I get a 3 L jug of very cheap wine - I'm sure you've seen them - and sit around - preferably out front of someone's house - passing the jug around communally, slugging directly from it.  Which for whatever reason seems so much more right than drinking from a glass.

The twins are doing their own form of jug drinking, but happily, in their case, are not sucking it back directly from the source.  To my knowledge.  That would not at all seem right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment