Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stupid Work

I know, I know, I haven't posted in what feels like a very long time. Stupid full time job sucking up much of my energy and attention.  My drinking schedule fortunately hasn't suffered too much... a small town wedding complete with disintegrating shirts, the Rapture, a bachelorette party... and not even to mention that Sara is in the process of choosing between Caesarean and vaginal birthing.  Skin crawling at thought of vaginal delivery.  What a relief.  I was starting to think I was desensitized to the horror of this situation and things like mucus* plug, placenta, and the shredding of one's vaginal wall would no longer faze me.  Hooray for still being me.


*mucus or mucous?  apparently synonyms for mucus include "secretion, phlegm, coating, slime" and for mucous include "self-lubricating, slimy, slippery".  I guess kind of the same thing.  Though I kind of take issue with the suggestion that self-lubrication and phlegm are basically the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment