Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Joe vs. the Volcano

So I've been feeling a sadly repetitive combination of general blues and overwork.  Plus still feeling the after-effects of last week's high heat/humidity.

Six nights in a row (yes, six) I planned to distract myself with wine spritzers made with table wine and orange soda and a viewing of Joe vs. the Volcano - a movie which never fails to cheer me up.  If you don't know why orange soda wine spritzers were appropriate drinking/viewing than you really should watch the movie*.  But time kept getting away from me and six nights in a row I fell asleep from general exhaustion and heat fatigue before the opening credits were even over.

Put it this way.  I bought a bottle (ahem, one litre carton) of appropriately cheap wine for mixing with C Plus eight days ago and it hasn't even been opened**.  That is surely some kind of record for alcohol in my apartment.


*I've been assured many times over that I'm the only person who genuinely likes this movie.  I don't understand how that could be, because it's amazing on many levels.  Here's a taste.  If you don't like it, don't judge me.  I have enough problems without the condemnation of friends, acquaintances and complete strangers.  On second thought, I don't care.  If you don't appreciate this cinematic masterpiece it's definitely a problem with you, not me.



**Okay, that's a lie.  It is opened, but only 1/3 empty.  Still a record.


No comments:

Post a Comment