Tuesday, April 3, 2012

And...

... so ends a long and illustrious drinking career.  Officially drinking for none.

I've been living in denial for the past several weeks.  Feeling tender, emotional, tired and nauseous.  Convincing myself it was prolonged PMS.  Or some kind of virus.

But it is neither of these things.

I've opted to spread news of my unplanned pregnancy via the blog because (1) it seems appropriate, and (2) this way I won't have to deal with how to tell anyone and face their derisive laughter.  It will already be an established fact when I see or talk to anyone next. 

Anyone wishing to celebrate this unlikely event is invited to karaoke with Sweet Daddy Siki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Daddy_Siki) on Saturday after next at The Duke Live at Queen and Leslie.  I will, uncharacteristically, not be drinking (and accordingly, probably not singing).











Oh, yes.  April Fool's.  I doubt that I actually fooled anyone, but I was struggling a little bit with tonight's intended post, and didn't want to close the lid on my laptop having published nothing.  I am aware that April Fool's pranks are supposed to be carried out on the 1st, but I laugh in the face of convention.

For real, though.  Sweet Daddy Siki could retire any time.  Does anyone really want to miss out on his karaoke experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment