Thursday, November 3, 2011

Breaking Up

Whiskey, we're through.

I know everyone has their ups and downs.  I've gone long periods with conflicted feelings for you.  There are times when I've been convinced it would be best just to call it a day.  We've also had some really good times that I will fondly remember.  But I'm starting to think that you are a destructive influence in my life.  So it's time to move on.

And when I say "destructive influence", please don't take it the wrong way.  It's not that there's anything wrong with you.  One woman's destructive influence can be another's true love.  You've got a lot going for you and I'm sure you'll find someone new. 

It's just that I'm not confident that we're right for each other.

Please don't be angry.  It's not that I don't love you anymore.  This is hard for me, too.

I'm sorry.

Although, maybe I shouldn't shouldn't say "it's over" with such decisiveness.  "Starting to think" you are a destructive influence and "not being confident" that we're right for each other are hardly the words of a person who's 100% behind their decision.  So I guess what I really mean is I don't think we should see each other for awhile.  Take some time apart to seriously consider what we want out of life.  You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment